Put The Glass Down
• A professor began his class by holding up a glass with some water in it. He held it up for all to see and asked the students, “How much do you think this glass weighs?”
‘50 gms!’.... ‘100 gms!’...... ‘125 gms’ ...... the students answered.
• “I really don’t know unless I weigh it,” said the professor,
“but, my question is: What would happen if I held it up like this for a few minutes?”
• “Nothing” the students said.
• “Ok! What would happen if I held it up like this for an hour?” the professor
• “Your arm would begin to ache,” said one of the students.
• “You’re right, now what would happen if I held it for a day?”
• “Your arm could go numb, you might have severe muscle stress and paralysis and have to go to hospital for sure!” ventured another student; and all the students laughed.
• “Very good. But during all this, did the weight of the glass change?” asked the professor.
• “No” the students said.
“Then what caused the arm ache and the muscle stress?” The students were puzzled. “Put the glass down!” said one of the students.
Exactly!” said the professor. “Life’s problems are something like this.
Hold it for a few minutes in your head and they seem okay. Think of them for a long time and they begin to ache. Hold it even longer and they begin to paralyze you. You will not be able to do anything.”
“It’s important to think of the challenges (problems) in your life, but EVEN MORE IMPORTANT is to have trust in Allah (swt) and to ‘put them down’ at the end of every day before you go to sleep.
That way, you are not stressed, you wake up every day fresh and strong and can handle any issue, any challenge that comes your way!”
So, as it becomes time for you to leave office today, Remember friend to “PUT THE GLASS DOWN TODAY” and have tranquility by putting trust in Almighty Allah (swt).
Holy Quran (48:4) says: “He it is who sent down tranquility into the hearts of the believers that
they might have more faith added to their faith.” Tranquility is sign of strong faith while worries and stress is sign of weak faith. Tell to your mind every day before you go to sleep:
“YAA AYYATUHAN NAFSUL MUTMAINNAH, IRJI’II ILAA RABBIKI RADHIYATAN MARDHIYYAH,
FADKHULII FII IBAADII WADKHULII JANNATII”. (Al-Fajr 89:27-30)
“O soul that is at rest satisfied. Return to your Lord well-pleased (with Him), well-pleasing (Him).
So, enter among My servants, and enter into my Paradise.”
♥ Moral ♥
Stop worrying so much, do not turn our precious life and beautiful world to an unpleasant place. Leave it to Allah.. afterall HE KNOWS BEST :)