Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sydney Hospital & Dinner by Sunset at Darling Harbour

Hye all,

The second day of the conference in Sydney Convention Centre, my friend Ina & I has worked up a nice plan for the whole day, from 9 am til 4 pm as we were planning to attend the conference for 3 days only. The morning session was all about ocular tumours which were all very interesting. However I had quite severe tummy aches & has been vomiting since 3am the previous night,either a food poisoning or just my "gastric" flaring up. So throughout the lectures, I was holding up stomach cramps, equivalent to a pH2 acid doing a fountain job in my tummy. At 10.30am, I called up my prof asking if she can help me to get to a hospital. Since I had a bad history with "gastric" a few years ago (with blood-vomiting), I decided to get intervention soon as Gaviscon was not helping me anymore. My dear Prof Choo was so caring & concerned,she helped me till I get a cab to get to Sydney Hospital.



The Emergency Dept in Sydney Hospital was quite a shock to me, as it was deserted! And they actually apologize to me for making me wait for 10 minutes! Ha ha! In Malaysia 3 hours is the standard waiting time. I was treated by a Chinese Dr who is very nice, and after I got some IV pantoprazole ( a mega-strong gastritis medication), I feel better already.. and it "only" cost me AUD$105 for the medical bill, and AUD$34 for medication... Lucky my dear husband gave me an emergency credit card.. Love ya!


After sleeping for a few hours, I felt better already & went out for dinner at the Zaafran Restaurant at the Harbourside, at the Darling Harbour. The food was fantastic, but the view .. words just don't do justice to it... One of the moment that will stick in my memory, for a long time... Purely breathtaking...






No comments:

Post a Comment