Saturday, May 21, 2011

THE POWER OF MIND



Have you ever heard the phrase "the sky's the limit"? Or "The power of dreams" by Honda?

Last weekend I had the opportunity to attend a motivational talk in the Equatorial Hotel in Cameron Highland, by Mr Heera Singh, one of the leading Leadership and Management Trainers in Malaysia, with more than a decade of hands-on experience in some of Malaysia's leading conglomerates.


Amongst the topic that caught my attention was the Mind Power. People can walk on fire if they tell themselves that they are walking on a "cool most" surface. The power of mind can push oneself to do a death-crawl ( a type of body strengthening exercise where you crawl while carrying a person on your back), twice the distance you thought you can do, as long as you "blindfold" yourself to the obstacles and have a motivating coach by your side, shouting words of encouragement as you move forward.

We are what we think we are. Henry Ford once said "if you think you can, or you think you can't, you are absolutely right". I have been holding on to these words since I was 18, and I don't plan to stop.

It's all in our heads. If we limit ourselves to 1km, that's how far we'll be able to run. But if we put our goal at 5km, think of the rewards awaiting at the finish line, push ourselves mentally & physically by TELLING ourselves that WE CAN DO IT, 5km will be a breeze.

So next time when you wake up in the morning, start by looking at the mirror & tell yourself:
"I AM THE BEST! I CAN DO WHAT I THINK I CAN!

I WILL ACHIEVE MY
DREAMS AS LONG AS I DARE TO DREAM BIG & WORK FOR IT.

THE SKY'S THE LIMIT!"

That's what I am going to do.. starting about.. NOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment